Friday, October 12, 2007

Packing begins

I made a decent loaf of bread last night! I am so happy that I am progressing to the decent stage. The changes I made were adding bread flour, finally, and using milk powder. I find the milk powder easier because that is what the recipe calls for and I think I wasn’t measuring the liquids correctly using plain old milk.

Yesterday was our first day of official packing. The kids were wonderful and went through all of the stuff in their room and sorted and cleaned. It’s feels good to be started, but the crazy worrying has also begun. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn’t stop thinking about how I could cram all the stuff I want to do today in 8 hours with 4 kids. Ugh! So I tried to just let it all go and concentrated on my breathing. It helped a lot. Finally, this stuff is beginning to work after all the years of practice.

The one thing we are doing today is going to visit my mother and father. Fiona and Shillelagh got some new costumes from the Good Will thanks to their Daddy and they will be wearing them today. They are just so adorable it hurts sometimes.

Athena has made some plans for a get together with her best friend, Nikki and her sister Emmy. They will come over in a couple of weeks and hang out for the day. Nice and simple. Maybe we will make our own pizzas, watch a silly movie, play some games. Whatever they desire!

No comments: