Friday, January 7, 2011

to begin again

The end of December 2010 I began to feel antsy. Bored and searching for something along the lines of a distraction or a little snack for my mind. That's when I found Babbles list of  Top 50 Mom Blogs.

I have been missing hanging with other mothers. Most of the people I work with are not moms so there isn't anyone to share my most important experiences with. There is always my lovely husband, but we always share. I want unadulterated Mom talk. The kind that is honest, questioning, observant, and true of themselves. This Blog list is an avenue to it. I have only read portions of about 15 blogs, and I feel as if a door has opened up that I closed long ago. That maybe this struggle of love, growth, and sleeplessness is not just for our children's sake, but for the sake of our American society as a whole.  Children growing up in families that encourage awareness of themselves and those around them. Not to keep them in constant doubt, but to keep them on the track of gratefulness and wonder. Seeing what really matters, the small stuff.

So here I am, back at my blog. Remebering to give voice to that Mother in me that I have been working on for the past 16 years and counting.

Thank you Babble.

No comments: