Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Busy busy

As always we are busy busy. We had my father's birthday party this weekend and had 30 people over the house!!! We had a buffet dinner and we ended up with 6 cookie trays. Do these people not know that my jeans are already way too tight? That's okay, I am still very grateful for the cookies as I have brought them to work and now everyone is my friend.  It also means that I have been eating cookies for breakfast, and as a dessert after lunch, and a snack after supper and they have also been making their way into our room before bed. This means that I have had to stray from my diet of  potato chips right before bed, but that's okay. I'll get right on track once the cookies are gone.
My father had a wonderful time at his party and we truly surprised him with everyone that we invited. I think I surprised everyone for that matter. Thank you dear Jesse for all of your sound advice. My husband is so very smart and not emotionally attached to anything which makes him one of the only rational and sensible people on the planet. He is also a wonderful party planner.
My cousin came and I finally got to meet her two boys! She also brought her camera as she is a part time professional photographer and she got some wonderful shots of my dad and my children which I will add later. Fiona was so helpful as she gave all my cousins tours of our house including showing everyone all of our closets. She is so very glad to show everyone where we hide everything.
The highlight for me was seeing my Aunt Viola, my mother's sister, whom I have not seen in over 10 years. She was a riot and even climbed up to the third floor (she is 81 or so) while Fiona gave her a tour. It made me miss my mother.
Well, back to work. I have to grab a cookie before my lunch break is over.

No comments: