Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The small house

Our family strives to live fairly simply and coming from a middle class background where I thought everyone was spoiled like myself, I have come to the realization that I still have very spoiled ways. While my husband grew up thankful and poor, sometimes eating only brown rice for weeks at a time and the occasional candy stolen from the corner market, I was feasting. Pancakes, french toast, eggs or cereal for breakfast, sandwiches with my choices of chips and cookies for lunch, and supper was a traditional meat, starch, vegetable meal with desert, of course. It extends throughout my family as well. I remember one of my sisters complaining about having broccoli twice in one week and how boring that was. I am still having trouble eating the same meal more than twice in a week, but I am working on it. It also doesn't help that I am an emotional eater, another side effect from an affluent lifestyle.

I found this wonderful article in our old local paper. It is tiny but I can see it's magic!

No comments: