Sunday, August 10, 2008

Things I will miss about North Carolina

The things I will miss about North Carolina...

1- The sunsets that seem to happen in the middle of the sky

2- The heat! I just love hot weather although the rest of my family is looking forward to snow...yuck! That means cold, cold and more cold. I am a small person without enough insulation to keep me warm, even in the fall. I usually end up wearing sweaters for about 8 months out of the years.

3- The smell. I can't define it but it is a smell I have never smelled anywhere else. I noticed it the moment we got out of the car.

4- WSHA A college jazz radio station that plays the greatest music. From Shaw University.

5- The ability to buy beer and wine at the grocery store any time of day any day of the week! Not like that in CT.

6-Big John at our local Food Lion. He is usually does the bagging and the "buggy" return. He always has a big smile and something positive to say. He even helps me put my groceries in my car! Some stores even have baggers that bag your groceries, bring them to your car and load them. It's wonderful when you are trying to handle 2 hungry toddlers.

7- The Wake Forest Farmers Market on Saturday mornings. It's just so full of life and beautiful treasures. Never mind great live music and the store that you can buy candy by the pound from beautiful glass jars.

8- The wonderful Crape Myrtle trees that smell wonderful and look beautiful.

9- The great people at Youngs Gym that let Fiona play, bounce, run, and climb all over their equipment. They were so positive and enthusiastic they made me feel so great every Monday at 3:00.

10- All the supportive and interesting families we met through homeschooling.

No comments: