Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What is really being said

It can be amazing how much can be "read into" an email. One sentence can be interpreted in so many ways. People tend to leave off punctuation, misspell words, while some people don't even use capital letters. This is why I just love to use smiley faces. I am the type of person that needs to see some one's face when they are speaking to see what they are trying to convey. Also, who is actually sending the email and for what reason.

Never mind the fact that I tend to be overemotional. Unfortunately, I tend to misinterpret what I read. Hence the totally offensive email I sent yesterday.

To the average person, the message I received was just short and polite. Somewhat informational, perhaps even positive encouragement. But that isn't what I read. I saw deliberate force of guilt with a complete condescending air. With words like "devastated" followed by "anyway, good luck!".

I felt a little regret about how I responded. But I responded honestly. There is no need for a decoder when it comes to reading my response.

That's why I am awaiting an email bomb of sorts. Every time I open email, I fear it will be there, waiting for it's self destruction on my harddrive. The consequences to my emotional tirade.

Well, I can handle it. It's just family! :)

No comments: